Financial Advisory Services for Couples Getting Married
Some couples wish to consolidate their finances as they begin their new life together, while others prefer to keep things separate.
However you decide to handle your finances after getting married, we will help you navigate every turn. Many clients are surprised at the breadth of planning that's involved for newlyweds. Our thorough approach helps to ensure that nothing is overlooked as you begin your new life together.
Our team of financial advisors can help you:
- Discuss your collective short and long-term goals as a married couple and develop a financial plan through comprehensive wealth management
- Review your respective employee benefit packages to ensure you're taking advantage of spousal and family benefits, such as health care coverage
- Develop a retirement planning strategy to maximize your wealth and take advantage of a employer-sponsored retirement plan like a 401(k) or 403(b)
- Update the beneficiary information on your financial accounts and insurance policies to ensure they are current and aligned with your wishes
- Review your current estate plans and whether it may be advisable to consult your estate planning attorney to update your estate planning documents, including the power of attorney and health care proxy
- Coordinate with your CPA to understand the projected changes to your tax situation
- Identify which documents may need to be updated, particularly if you're changing your name
- Understand whether additional insurance coverage may be advisable and coordinate with your insurance broker as needed
Darrow Wealth Management is a financial advisor in the Greater Boston area. Our holistic approach to wealth management allows clients to focus on the important aspects of their life, with the security of knowing their wealth is being managed at the highest level. As a fee-only registered investment advisor with a fiduciary duty, we are only compensated by our clients and do not receive commissions or any other trade-related compensation. Darrow Wealth Management also does not sell securities, insurance, or any other financial products.