Navigating finances during a job transition
We'll work with you to help make sure the transition to your new job is as smooth as possible.
Stress can be high during a job transition or after receiving a severance package. It is during these times that having a trusted advisor by your side to help you navigate the process can really make all the difference.
Our team of financial advisors can help you:
- Prepare to transition away from an old benefit package and discuss the pros and cons of securing a continuation of benefits (e.g. life or health insurance) from your old job
- Evaluate the benefit package at your new employer
- Understand the potential impact on a pension
- Manage a severance package
- Review your stock option agreement including executed or vested stock options, SERP, and deferred compensation payout elections
- Discuss options for your old 401(k) or employer-sponsored retirement plan
- Assess the potential impact on your short and long-term financial planning goals
- Explore "what-if" scenarios as you consider new opportunities
Whether you've voluntarily left your employer to pursue a new opportunity or are contemplating next steps after a merger or layoff, career transitions can be overwhelming. There is a lot to manage and you likely have many unanswered questions. Clients may find solace in knowing that we have worked to help others in the same situation find a smooth landing.