Free Download: Financial planning when changing jobs
Congratulations on landing your new job! While it can be exciting, a new job often brings some major financial changes.
Although your new employer may prompt you to enroll in your new retirement plan and benefit package, you may not have much clarity on what you should do with benefits at your old job, including your old 401(k) plan and stock options.
Properly assessing your new benefits and transitioning away from your old ones is a critical (and often overlooked) part of the job transition process. These decisions must typically occur in within a limited time frame, so it is important not to put these important choices on the back-burner.
The guide to navigating a job transition will cover:
- What to do with your old 401(k) or 403(b) plan
- Setting up your new retirement plan
- Leaving behind stock options or RSUs at your old job
- Understanding equity compensation at your new job
- Health insurance, life and disability insurance
- Deferred compensation plans
- and more!